Re: [Paparazzi-devel] We Need A Good Manual

From: Reto Büttner
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] We Need A Good Manual
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 09:48:45 +0200

Hi Arun,

the ppm encoder is used to connect the RC receiver servo outputs to
the paparazzi input:
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/ATmega328_PPM_Encoder_Board
You can also tap directely the PPM signal from many RC receivers:
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/RC_Receivers_and_Radios#R.2FC_Receiver_Interface
If your RC receiver has a direct PPM output then neither ppm encoder
board nor tapping is required, e.g:
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/RC_Receivers_and_Radios#ACT_DSL-4top_mikrokopter.de_version

The FTDI board/cable translates USB to TTL. You need it for direct
connection of the GCS PC to Paparazzi without a radio modem. You might
also need it to connect your modem to the GCS PC:
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Modems#GCS_Adaptation
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Serial_Cables

Cheers,
Reto