[Paparazzi-devel] My IMU for paparazzi is almost done. Few test flights

From: Andrew S
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] My IMU for paparazzi is almost done. Few test flights are successfully performed
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 00:08:19 +0400

Hello all
I have done my IMU for paparazzi autopilot. My EasyStar flyes excellent with
it, I can say, much better and stable than with thermopiles. I flyed in the 7-8
m/s wind  with 10 m/s airspeed, and my Easystar goes wery straight against the
wind. IMU is made on small pcb and works on AVR microcontroller, communicate
with tiny via SPI bus. Sensors - LY530, LPR530, ADXL335.  IMU PCB is mounted on
the Easystars body, but device is not affected by vibration, hovewer the plane
has got a low vibration kontronik motor. For the near future I am going to
improve something... polish code, try to use LIS344 accel to improve vibration
tolerancy, redesign PCB...
Cheers, Andrew