Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Selection of Autopilot

From: antoine drouin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Selection of Autopilot
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 20:59:06 +0200

I think he is talking about quadrotors - my experience is that xsense
outputs attitude at 120Hz, which is a little bit low for a small quad.
It can output sensors faster ( you get limited by the serial port
bandwidth) and you can do the filtering in the autopilot if you want
faster solutions. But if you're doing your own filtering, then maybe
the xsense is a bit overkill.

As Roman said, there is no "ready to use" code for that configuration
but there is code to decode xsense protocol. You'll have to write a
little bit of glue to integrate that in the rotorcraft autopilot.

Regards

Poine