Re: [Paparazzi-devel] New airframe file and GPS.

From: Helge Walle
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] New airframe file and GPS.
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 22:49:33 +0200

Thanks for the replies,

It seems the problem with the unwanted messages (see below) is not consistently reproduceable.
I now think that maybe they are caused by the delay before the GPS sees it's first satellite signals when situated indoors.

I looked in the fw_server.ml code, and line 214 seems to deal with the SVINFO message.
Indoors it takes a long while (>30 sec) before the first SVINFO message appears in the Messages tool.

Is the SVINFO message held back by some initial condition in the GPS?

If I carry the equipment outdoors just after hitting Execute in Paparazzi Center, there seems to be no problems and the unwanted messages do not appear.

Helge.

Hi,

I have tested my TWOG based equipment (LEA-5H GPS, IR sensors, no gyro) and things seem to work fine with the new airframe file.

However a couple of unwanted messages show up in Paparazzi Center:

After half a minute or so outside I get some (30 or so) lines like this:
Invalid_argument("Latlong.of_utm")

Just after obtaining a 3D fix I get one line like this:
File "fw-server.ml", line 214, characters 6-12: Assertion failed

With the old airframe file the first of these lines were removed by having
ap.CFLAGS += -DGPS_USE_LATLONG
in the makefile section.

Do I need to do anything special to my airframe file or GPS?

Thanks,

Helge.