Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Lisa debugging

From: antoine drouin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Lisa debugging
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 15:36:32 +0200

Hi Marko

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Marko Thaler <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Poine,
>
> My problems with MKK ESC freezes were caused by the paparazzi-stm32
> toolchain package. When I built the toolchain based on your/Piotr's/Uwe's
> script all the problems went away.

did you use the script in the toolchain directory in paparazzi svn ?
if yes, this is the version where I disabled the calls to assert_param
in libstm32  - on the current package ( 1.0.0-3 ) assert param is an
empty function call ( the function is defined in
sw/airborne/stm32/stm32_vector_table.c ). It doesn't do any bad thing
execpt slow the program alot. I2C is very sensitive to timing issue (
I still need to improve that ). I think this is what is causing your
problems.

> Since I wanted to be certain about the cause of the problem I uninstalled
> the self built toolchain and reinstalled the default paparazzi-stm32 deb
> package and all the problems returned. Going back to self built toolchain
> solved everything.
>
> Oh, one more question about Eclipse. When I am stepping through the code
> line by line (while debugging), I constantly get thrown into different
> interrupt request handlers. Where in Eclipse can I block this behaviour so
> that you are able to step through the code without being constantly
> interrupted by IRQs?

I'm not familiar with eclipse, but I have the same behaviour when
using gdb from the command line. I don't know if there's a way to
"skip" that - if you don't care about interrupts during your
particular session of debug, maybe you could just disable them by
using gdb to write to the register

Regards

Poine