Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Connecting a camera to the autopilot (Lisa/L)

From: Gareth Roberts
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Connecting a camera to the autopilot (Lisa/L)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 11:27:11 +0000

We've nearly crashed planes because of it.
The best solution I've found is to use an analogue camera but split the video
feed (either airside or groundside depending on processing requirements) then
feed that back into a digitizer - I use a crappy Pinnacle DVC-100).  That way
the computer gets the video feed, and the pilot gets a fairly reliable
low-latency feed to her video goggles/screen.  I s'pose you could use one of
the little SoC digitizers if you wanted to do it airside, split the camera feed
just before the transmitter, and feed the result to Lisa.

--G