[Paparazzi-devel] AGGRESSIVE section and HOME mode.

From: Helge Walle
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] AGGRESSIVE section and HOME mode.
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 20:39:11 +0100

Hi,

I have done a number of Auto2 flights now and want to do further improvements.

I notice that when I shift the altitude +30m in Auto2, the throttle immediately goes to 100% and eases off in the new altitude. I have strong brushless motors in the Twinstar2 and full throttle is not necessary.

I have an AGGRESSIVE section in the airframe file as well as AGR_CLIMB define in my firmware. CLIMB_THROTTLE in the AGGRESSIVE section is 1.0 at present. I assume this is where a lower value will have effect on the throttle setting when shifting altitude (?)

In general, when does the AGGRESSIVE section defines come into play?

Also, my plane doesn't circle as well in HOME mode as it does in Standby. I am not sure where I can find the parameters to improve the HOME mode performance. The HOME_RADIUS is 50m in the FAILSAFE section, but I would like to know if any other settings can make the performance better.

Any help is very much appreciated,

Thanks,
Helge.