Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Lisa/L Servos

From: antoine drouin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Lisa/L Servos
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 02:14:23 +0100

> so the PPM input is not on the CON_SERVOS_2 connector, though it is
> named RC_PPM on the schematic? What pin do you connect the receiver to?

you can use that pin or another one - the current code defaults to the
"ST_UART1_TRIG" pin on the UART1 connector
The pin assignment is rather flexible on the stm32.

>> If you're not using some
>> peripherals ( like I2C1, which is commonly used to talk to the I2C
>> motor controllers on quadrotors) I could write code to use those pins
>> to drive two more servos ( this is how I designed lisa/M, 6 servos and
>> I2C1 or 8 servos ).
> I'll probably need one I2C for sensors. Is I2C2 used by default?

I2C2 is used for the baros, but there's a connector and bandwidth available

> Do you know if CAN is better in this case than I2C?

 CAN is definitely better suited for long wires and perturbed
environments than I2C

>> The CSC board (Can Servo Controller) could be used for that (
>> http://www.poinix.org/images/csc_1_0.jpg )
> is this what the sw/airborne/csc software and misc/csc hardware is
> about? Is there any documentation on this?

No documentation as far as I know - Eagle files are in the svn

>> An even better solution would be to use a lisa/M (
>> http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki_images/Lisa_m_top_small.png )
> Is there already more information about this than on the Lisa wiki page?

No more information I'm sorry. Contact me offlist and I might be able
to get you a proto.

>> You could have for example one servo driver in each wing of your
>> vehicle ( and maybe another one in the tail ). The electrical
>> connection would be only two wires for CAN and two wires for power.
> Ailerons, flaps and motor controllers are no more than 60 cm away. I
> think I'll to drive these directly from Lisa and see about the jitter.
> The tail is farther, so I'd rather put an extra controller there.

sounds like a good idea. So you'd have enough with the 6 servo signals
available on lisa/L

Poine