Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Antenna tracks hw

From: Gareth Roberts
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Antenna tracks hw
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 19:11:32 -0000

Last time I built a camera mount, I took 2 standard size servos (Futaba
Swhatever) and glued one (on it's side) to the wheel part of the other.
I then glued my camera to the wheel of the second servo.
It took about 5 minutes - you might want to take a bit more time but the
hardware is fairly simple - you need to organise your two servos so you
have rotation in both axes (one servo will have to rotate the other).

If you use Chris's antennae tracking software (which I would really recommend unless you have a very good reason), you'll need a Pololu micro maestro. Presumably, you just need to switch everything on and use a compass to line your antennae up so that when the OSD says 0 degrees, the antennae points directly north.

--G

On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 14:15:38 -0000, Arun Sajeevan <address@hidden>