[Paparazzi-devel] PPM encoders with non-blinking LED

From: Chris Gough
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] PPM encoders with non-blinking LED
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 23:48:02 +1100

I have a bunch of PPM encoders (ATMega types, v4.3 hardware and
firmware) that do not behave as expected (from v4.2 manual). The LED
won't blink, stays solid when powered with PWM input (expected 3Hz
blink) and stays solid when PWM removed (expected1Hz blink).

The PWM input to the PPM encoder seems OK because it moves a servo
(and I've tried multiple reciever/servo combinations). I don't have
ability to test if PPM is coming out at the moment. Reloading the
firmware doesn't change the situation.

I don't know if it's relevant, but if I install a servo on a Y-lead
(ajacent to the PPM encoder, i.e. both getting same PWM), then
removing JP1 on the PPM encoder makes the servo jitter wildly, and the
servos on other channels of the same reciever jitter a little bit. All
servos return to normal when the unpowered PPM encoder is
disconnected.

Did LED blinking behavior change between v4.2 and 4.3?

Chris Gough
--
.