Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Paparazzi-devel Digest, Vol 82, Issue 64

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Paparazzi-devel Digest, Vol 82, Issue 64
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 19:58:03 +0100

Hi Matthew,

I'm not really familiar with the VN-100, just had a quick look and if I'm correct it is not an IMU but an AHRS.
You apparently implemented it as an imu subsystem? So do you just get the calibrated and scaled values from the vn100 or do you read out the already estimated angles?
If it is the latter, it should probably adhere to the ahrs interface and be an ahrs subsystem, if you read the sensor values it should be an imu subsystem.

Now about the ins_vn100 module, I believed it is currently only used for fixedwings. Gautier knows more on this.
This was created before we started merging rotorcraft support properly and should be renamed to ahrs_vn100 and also use the ahrs interface.

There are currently some functions in fw_ins_v100.c to use it with fixedwings (update the soon to be deprecated estimator we still have). Hopefully we will have a proper state interface (position, attitude, etc.) and we can get rid of this. http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/DevGuide/StateInterface
Then we can use all IMUs, AHRS, INS things for fixedwings and rotorcrafts.

Cheers, Felix