Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Telemetry Messages Missing

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Telemetry Messages Missing
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 14:52:33 +0100

Are you talking about fixedwing or rotorcraft? Rotorcraft I'm guessing since you are talking about telemetry.h? firmwares/rotorcraft/telemetry.h is only used for rotorcrafts...
So yes, I guess that was never added to rotorcraft telemetry, because in most cases it really doesn't make much sense to put an airspeed sensor on a multicopter (what most rotorcrafts currently are after all).

A grep revealed that PERIODIC_SEND_AIRSPEED is defined in ap_downlink.h for fixedwings. Depending on whether USE_AIRSPEED or MEASURE_AIRSPEED are defined this is empty or not (if you don't have one of those two defined you won't have these variables and nothing to send down).
So beware that DOWNLINK_SEND_AIRSPEED(_chan, airspeed, airspeed_sp, airspeed_cnt, groundspeed_sp) refers to fixedwing, with USE_AIRSPEED defined, meaning when you use airspeed control on a fixedwing.
I think this is not the nicest way to do this, but that's how it is right now.

Cheers, Felix