Re: [Paparazzi-devel] JSBSim for fixedwing example

From: Andreas Gäb
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] JSBSim for fixedwing example
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 09:04:12 +0100

Am 09.02.2011 08:37, schrieb Stephen Dwyer (off list):

> I still can't get the jsbsim simulation to work correctly for me,
> sadly. I can get the airframe to compile for the jsbsim target, but
> things fall apart when I try to run the simulation. I press
> takeoff->launch and the flightplan block changes, and altitude and
> velocity go nuts (ie reaches mach, altitude varies by hundreds of
> thousands).
this might be due to an altitude mismatch (srtm available or not,
flightplan alt and ground alt). You might be initializing below the
ground. I had this case once, so my gear springs were compressed by an
amount equal to the terrain elevation, giving the airframe enough
momentum to leave the earth for outer space... You can check this by
logging the following properties in your JSBSim output:
  position/h-agl-ft
  position/h-sl-ft
  position/terrain-elevation-asl-ft

Best regards,