Re: [Paparazzi-devel] JSBSim for fixedwing example

From: Andreas Gäb
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] JSBSim for fixedwing example
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 08:40:10 +0100

Am 17.02.2011 08:20, schrieb GURUGANESH R:
[...] I am confused where the flight dynamics model
(aircraft Six Dof equations)  is located in the paparazzi code?
the code is located in sw/simulator/flightModel.ml. However, the standard paparazzi simulator is not a full 6 DOF model but of the 5 DOF bank-to-turn type, as you can tell by line 197 of the file. The final executable is located in var/<airframe>/sim/simsitl.

Where the aerodynamic data are available in the paparazzi folder.
you can have a look at the hard-coded constants in this file, though the 5 DOF simulation needs much less knowledge about the airframe. The only airframe-specific parameters I'm aware of are the roll and yaw response factor.

If you're trying to make an aerodynamics model for your airframe, I'd suggest you try programs like Digital Datcom or XFLR5.

Best regards,
        Andreas