Re: [Paparazzi-devel] paparazzi help

From: Stephen Dwyer
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] paparazzi help
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 16:21:39 -0700

Hello,

While Paparazzi is fantastic, I will list some other commercial
autopilots you could compare as well, as you requested. It looks like
you are planning a fairly large project. What is the application?
(Commercial, research, hobby....)

Micropilot: http://www.micropilot.com/
I personally have used the MP2128g. Small, fairly easy to integrate,
nice and stable hardware, lacking in software stability and ease of
use, good support if you can afford it. Fairly good performance and
reasonable feature set. I have flown it on a few 10+kg aircraft, once
tuned it worked well. This is my opinion, others I am sure have had
different experiences.

Cloud Cap Piccolo: http://www.cloudcaptech.com/
Used in commercial and military UAVs, has export restrictions, pricey
but proven, I have seen a variety of university student teams use it
successfully in the AUVSI SUAS competition.

Procerus Kestrel: http://www.procerusuav.com/productsKestrelAutopilot.php
Never used it.

Attopilot: http://www.attopilotinternational.com/
Never used it. Newer company, based on Parallax Propeller multi-core
processor, best to look elsewhere for thoughts on its use and ground
station etc.

There are others, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

-Stephen