[Paparazzi-devel] I2C slave mode

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] I2C slave mode
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 20:13:25 +0100

Hi all,

I'm just forwarding this mail from Tobias that somehow did not make it through to the mailing list:

Dear Paparazzi community,

I have recently developed a preliminary I2C slave mode driver for
Paparazzi to receive messages from a Gumstix Overo.

This is able to process arbitrary messages using a simple messaging
protocol, featuring buffers on either side which are automatically sent
to the other side. The protocol also supports future features like
timestamps and prioritization, although this is not logically
implemented yet.
My implementation also includes a usage example for my task of visual
attitude estimation which is run on the Overo and passes its results to
Paparazzi. Using this example, it should not be too hard to understand
the messaging protocol.

As the OSAM UAV team at Utah State University where I developed this
still uses the old pre-mid 2010 Paparazzi architecture, I cannot
directly check this into the repository. But we want to share our
achievement with all Paparazzi users, so maybe someone  wants to convert
this into a module usable in the new architecture. Also, everyone still
using an old Paparazzi version can directly use this code.

Everyone interested in either further development or usage, please
respond to me via email and I will send you the code.
I will be grateful if someone can take the time to magically convert
this code into something suitable for the new Paparazzi architecture, as
I unfortunately lack this time.
Also, if there is a possibility to check this in, upload it somewhere or
do something equally convenient, please tell me.

Regards
Tobias

--
Tobias Fromm