[Paparazzi-devel] The blog, the paparazzi team/community, JR, etc...

From: Martial Chateauvieux
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] The blog, the paparazzi team/community, JR, etc...
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 21:52:39 +0100

Hi all,

I read this list There have been a couple of things that I find disturbing
during the last months. I am on this list since 2005, and so far, I had the
feeling to know who was
what. Antoine and Pascal are the ENAC guys. The project is hosted at the ENAC
so it was clear somehow who was driving the project (Of course there are many
other long term
contributors). The things changed since THE blog appeared, which doesn't have
an ENAC address. Further on this blog, the posts are signed from a mysterious
(to me at least)
paparazzi team.
        . It is not clear to me who really is behind the Blog: I would suspect
Joby Robotics to disguize itself as paparazzi team as the choice of the topics
somewhat falls on
hadware they sell. The "About" page says "the paparazzi community" is behind. I
know one for sure I wasn't involved.
        . On the other side I believe Antoine has been working on the lisa
Board and IMUs for some years now.
        . In my Fantasy, Antoine moved from the ENAC to JR... (Which is ok, but
I just don't know)

According to the recent Aspirin thread, I am not alone to be confused. May be
it is worth to sort it out. My suggestion would be:
        . Explain somewhere on the Blog what the exact relationship it
maintains to the Paparazzi project. Who is the editor, and who are the
contributors. Please sign the posts
with you usual nicknames and add your company name if this applies.
        . For JR and the other commercial supliers, list the contributors
nicknames belonging to the company so that we can sort out who is telling what
(may be on the supplier page
of the wiki?). Add the company name in your signature when posting to the
mailing list.

Just adding my 2 cent opinion here.
Martial

PS: Also the copyright on the blog is very strange (I cannot map that name to
anything related to paparazzi...) and not actual.