[Paparazzi-devel] SBAS

From: GARCIA ALVAREZ, ANA
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] SBAS
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 15:31:01 +0100

Hi,

Is there anyone using sbas in Europe?

Here in Madrid we have had several bad GPS accuracy days and someone in the list(sorry I don’t remember who, maybe Christophe) has told me to use an sbas system. I have been reading about  EGNOS and I would like to try it out. Looking for configuration info in the paparazzi wiki, I have read the following:

6.UBX->CFG->SBAS: Disable (SBAS appears to cause occasional severe altitude calculation errors)

I don’t know if the problem persists nowadays.

Then I don’t know how to change this flag in the GPS, maybe is there an easy way through ublox? I don’t want to modify the GPS info needed for paparazzi to work.

Just in case someone can give me some hint.

Ana