Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Commanding h_ctl_course_setpoint and v_ctl_altitud

From: Todd Sandercock
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Commanding h_ctl_course_setpoint and v_ctl_altitude_setpoint directly
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 15:41:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Max

Variables are accessible easily by setting them in a settings file.

This is a really dodgy way of doing it but for a quick trial I would put the variables you want to access in the settings file, run a simulation, open ivy_probe then change the variables you want to change in the GCS and watch what commands the GCS sends on ivy_probe..... again it's a really dodgy way of doing it...

Second way is to make a module that receives telemetry commands and sets variables for you. Also probably just as quick....

I haven't got an ubuntu machine on me at the moment to check but I am pretty sure if you are flying in a "heading" flightplan block and change the course_setpoint (Or what ever the variable name is called) you should be able to tell paparazzi where to go...

Todd