Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Aspirin IMU or PPZUAV 9DOF IMU with LPC21 based au

From: Jeremy Reinertsen
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Aspirin IMU or PPZUAV 9DOF IMU with LPC21 based autopilots
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 20:10:04 +1000

Thanks Poine,

What you say makes sense but I dont yet know enough to be able to write the code myself so I would appreciate some help with this. I see you recently copied and modified conf/autopilot/subsystems/shared/imu_aspirin.makefile and it is now quite different to the rotorcraft equivalent.

I purchased a PPZUAV 9DOF IMU. It's a little different to the Aspirin as it is designed to use I2C to communicate with all three chips (ADXL345, ITG3200 and HMC5843). I think the current aspirin code uses SPI for the ADXL345 accelerometer. Not sure which is the better approach for TINY/TWOG autopilots.

I'm still not sure what the EEPROM is used for on the Aspirin. Is it designed to store calibration values?

Cheers
Jeremy

----- Original Message ----- From: "antoine drouin" <address@hidden>