Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GIT uploading problem

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GIT uploading problem
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 09:53:22 +0200

Hi,

assuming that the remote named paparazzi points to the main paparazzi
repository, you can't push to it directly since you don't have write
access there. What you want to do is to push to your own fork on
github, probably named Bruzzlee from what you wrote....
So
git push Bruzzlee master

If you made a commit and want to completely throw that last commit
away you can reset your branch to the commit before that one:
git reset --hard HEAD^

If you just want to make a new commit to "undo" the changes of another
commit, e.g. the last one run:
git revert HEAD

http://gitready.com/intermediate/2009/03/16/rolling-back-changes-with-revert.html

Cheers, Felix