Re: [Paparazzi-devel] temperature measurement -experiment

From: Prashanth Thankachan
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] temperature measurement -experiment
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:50:03 +0530

Dear All
I have been flying paparazzi for quite some time now and decided to do some simple experiments with it just to learn and understand the system better.

I would want to measure the temperature of the air at various altitudes using a simple thermometer such as LM35 and connect it to one of the existing ADC and have the data sent from the plane down via the Ivy bus and have it plotted on the ground against altitude.

I am sure this is possible, or many have you may have done things more advanced than this. Could please guide me to an example of the modification required to the airframe file or the activation of the ADC module and changes required on the telemetry section to achieve this capability.

Best Regards
Prashanth

Prashanth T, PhD
St John's Research Institute
St John's National Academy of Health Sciences,
Sarjapur Road, Bangalore 560034, India

Phone: +91-80-25532037, 22065059, Ext 236
Fax: +91-80-25501088, 25532037 Ext 103