Re: [Paparazzi-devel] FTDI Utility Board

From: Gareth Roberts
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] FTDI Utility Board
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 21:44:02 +0100

Hi Arnaud,

There will probably be a function in your flight plan called SetNavRefHere or SetGroundRefHere (something like that) which will be called just after the GPS has initialized. If not have a look in the example flight plans, one will have the required block. This will then set the HOME waypoint to the aircraft's current location (it'll jump off the screen of GCS, so you'll have to click "center A/C" to get to it).

If your other waypoints are defined in terms of x, y then they will jump too relative to the HOME waypoint. If like most people your waypoints are not relative to takeoff point you need to define them in terms of lat/lon.

The lat/lon in the file header is used in simulation as the start point.
I'd recommend setting it to the centre of your flying field or roughly where you take off from - it prevents that disconcerting jump when the GPS locks on and saves having to click "center A/C".

The default position even with the SetNavRef... until the GPS locks on will be that lat/lon (which is why if you are testing indoors it'll seem wrong).

Make sure if you change them you keep the number of decimal places the same; there is no other reason I see that you would be unable to upload. If uploading after changing the lat/lon gives you an error, let us know what it is and attach your flight plan file.

Cheers,
Gareth