[Paparazzi-devel] Problem on sharing information

From: Henrique Silva
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Problem on sharing information
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 00:16:28 +0100

Hi Guys,

Hello, I'm Henrique Silva and I am student at Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal. I'm doing my master thesis on quadcopters and I'm using paparazzi.

I've been working on control of formations and already have had some progress, but now I encountered a problem.
Basically, I need to broadcast the status of each vehicle, so what I did was create a new type of message (conf / messages.xml), put the header in ap_downlink.he and added the message in the telemetry. This is working because when I open the messages on GCS I see, in the control station, that the message is being well received.
Then to make the uplink and then parsing the message, I created a new module (conf/modules/ Artformation.xml), in which I added the line "<datalink message =" FORMATION_STATUS_H "fun =" ParseArtFormationStatus () "/> ". Inside the function "ParseArtFormationStatus ()" I am, giving the information that comes, to a variable,
but what is happening is that this variable is always zero, so I  think this function is not being called.

I know it is difficult to perceive the problem via email, but I remembered that you could know what is going on. If you could help me would be very grateful.

Best Regards,
Henrique Silva