Re: [Paparazzi-devel] IMU Problem after BungeeTakeoff?

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] IMU Problem after BungeeTakeoff?
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 09:14:34 +0200

the arduimu dcm does not compute dV/dt to correct X (yet). It can be added. But probably a limiter on the x- accelerometer measurement would be good too (better?) to clip off anything above 0.8g since any higher reading is almost certainly due to kinematic accelerations (that will corrupt attitude) and not due to a pitch angle.

Please note that gyroscopes are also acceleration sensitive sometimes in the order of percent per g. Here an option might be to stop integrating (or use the last gyro values) during the very high peaks (+4g) of catapult launch?

-Christophe