Re: [Paparazzi-devel] IMU Problem after BungeeTakeoff?

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] IMU Problem after BungeeTakeoff?
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 10:47:27 +0200

Hi,
i think one of the problem is the fact that  in the cross product of  a=W x V (rates cross speed over ground)  only the
yaw  rates are taken into account to correct the gravitation vector to fly long time curves.
By the way the acceleration time is only  a few seconds. In this time it is impossible to have large errors in the 35° range
generated by the bias of the rate sensors. We had no problems with automatic hand starts.
It may be help, if you wait for about 2 minutes after power on for getting the working point of the feedback control system.
The zero values for the rate must be found very exact (in the range of 1LSB).
Regards

Heinrich

antoine drouin schrieb:
same scenario, but this time, i also made the filter without heuristic
use the magnetometer for yaw only ( I believe that is what arduimu
does ).
You notice that the error is even worse ( up to 35 degres now).

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Gautier Hattenberger