Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Motor Problems Solved, what about gyros?

From: Nathan Sandoval
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Motor Problems Solved, what about gyros?
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 10:40:43 -0600

In answer to Steven's question:
I have only the signal from the ESC connected to a twog servo port. I am powering my servos through the ESC power and ground wires as suggested in the circuit diagram you referenced. It worked very well. Thank you. Any suggestions about my gyro question:

I am now developing with paparazzi for a more specific situation this Summer:
I want to use Paparazzi as stabilization for a manual indoor flight and eventually
I want to try to use IMU to autopilot indoors (I dream big). I was wondering if it is
 possible to use 2 gyros in the two ADC ports of the twog (to get 3 axis gyro info) to act as
stabilization WITHOUT IR sensors.

Currently I have my gyros are connected and configured and I can tell that I am receiving data,
however, they do not help correct in AUTO1 at all (even though I added corrective code similar
to what is in the IR section). Does anyone have any helpful insight for this effort?
thanks,

Nathan