Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Lisa/M questions

From: Chris Gough
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Lisa/M questions
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 00:59:35 +1000

Hi Poine,

Thank you for clearing that up.

I really did want to know if Lisa/M hardware was going to be open
sourced, and am very glad that your intention is to release it when
it's ready. I didn't ask directly because I have no right to be
demanding, every new release is a gift for which I am grateful.

> Now, why do I have the feeling that we get attacked all the time on
> that choice ? The "beginning of closedsource-only APs in paparazzi"
> does not sound very neutral to me. Maybe I'm just overreacting, but
> you seem to be implying that there would be some evil hidden
> motivations behind that choice.

Because you _were_ attacked. I believe a PR savvy individual with
vested interests deliberately manufactured the perception (out of
nothing) that there are risks with choosing Paparazzi over one of the
alternative open source autopilot platforms. Even though I formed that
opinion when this first flared up, and am pretty confident it's right,
I was still worried. FUD is a dirty trick but it works.

Chris Gough