Re: [Paparazzi-devel] AoA sensor

From: Hector Garcia de Marina
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] AoA sensor
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 17:22:28 +0200

Thank you very much Leandro.

Actually I am employing a Mentor Multiplex, and I found the same hall effect sensor, but I am worried about
the size of your sensor and how it affects to the airfoil.

I have though in 2 dynamic pressure sensors attached plus/minus 15º, with 0º at the mean airfoil reference. Hoping that the pressure difference is proportional to AoA (small angles approximation, minor than plus/minus20º AoA actually).

What do you think, have you tested this kind of idea before? It seems mechanically simpler, but I do not know about what performance I will obtain.

By the way, have you any documentation about your experiences with Mentor? I can upload my master thesis applied to it as well. Right now, I am sectioning the airfoil, and horizontal and vertical tails, for applying them a CFD. Do you have experience with this in Mentor?

Thanks in advance.

pd: you can check out this video with my navigation algorithm running in a Mentor, it only shows attitude estimation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRR4Jzz3ZjE&feature=related). My HW is pretty similar to paparazzi classic, but employing atmel at91sam7s256 instead LPC (DMA is a must for me), and I added a SD card as well. Now I have changed to Lisa/L to start with navigation algorithms based on camera vision, but it needs some modifications for fitting my requirements.

Cheers.