[Paparazzi-devel] Lisa/L Power Consumption

From: Hector Garcia de Marina
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Lisa/L Power Consumption
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 13:58:41 +0000

Hello folks,

I will order batteries to supply Lisa/L (right now, it is under construction xD), and I wonder how many amperes it consumes with a typical setup of:

GPS + Radio Modem + Overo + IMU

I know that this is a very general setup, and it depends on what ICs are finally selected. But I guess it could help me if somebody can tell me his power consumption experience using Lisa/L.
I was thinking in LiPo batteries (different from the motor battery), but now I have to figure out its discharge rate and mA/h. The compromise is between size/weight and autonomy of Lisa/L.

By the way, does LM317M heat itself a little bit?  (12Vin (or even more from a 3S LiPo) - 6.5Vout) x 0.3A (lets say this is what analog devices consumes, "worst case condition") = nearly 2Watts.

Cheers

--
Héctor