Re: [Paparazzi-devel] LisaM wiring question

From: Piotr Esden-Tempski
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] LisaM wiring question
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 14:22:18 -0700

Hi,

On Jun 18, 2011, at 10:45 AM, David Conger wrote:

> Hi World,
>
> May I ask a favor?
>
> I have wired my Lisa/M and hoped maybe I could get a review before I attempt
> to power it this way.
>
> If wiring will work I'll gladly offer it to the Wiki as an example. I've
> tried to follow advice given in the past for wiring.
From how I see it it should work, not having the ground of the BEC connected
may be bit sketchy, but adding it will create a ground loop. I am not sure
which setup is the safest here. The resistors on the vertical board should
protect the stm32 from any reverse current from the servo though. :)

> Question. Is the resistor required on each PPM out pin? I want to remove the
> extra pins by removing the daughter board and put only 1 row of pins on the
> end for only PPM. Will i have to also somehow get the resistor there as well?

The resistor is not a life and death requirement. I added them to protect the
gates of the STM32, as I realized already in Lisa/L that sometimes shabby
servos like to do strange things to their PPM input lines and manage to fry the
STM32. After addition of the resistors on Lisa/L V1.1 this issue was gone that
is why I carried it over to Lisa/M.

As you probably can see there is not very much space on Lisa/M ... but I add
the move of the resistors from the vertical board to the mainboard as todo for
the next revision of the board, when that happens. :)

Cheers Esden