[Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi Yaw channel control

From: Long Di
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi Yaw channel control
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 16:01:27 -0600

Hello everyone,
        the current Paparazzi flight control consists of the roll, pitch and throttle, I am wondering why the yaw control wasn't designed originally? For flying wing, the current control structure works great but for conventional aircraft (with rudder and elevator), a dedicated yaw control will improve the performance significantly. Is that necessary to add a yaw channel into the current architecture? (What we do know is mixing the rudder and ailerons)

Regards

Dee

--
(Dee) Long Di, Graduate Research Assistant
Center for Self-Organizing and Intelligent Systems (CSOIS),