Re: [Paparazzi-devel] MAVLink

From: Chris Gough
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] MAVLink
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 15:47:32 +1000

Hi Jesus,

I don't think so. Changing paparazzi to use MavLink nativley is a big
job. I did muck around with an adapter that bridged between an IvyBus
and MavProxy, translating "identity and location" messages so that I
could use a paparazzi-based tracking antenna to follow vehicles
speaking either protocol (and vica versa). I only got as far as a
proof of concept, enough to satisfy myself that the "translator
approach" is promising for that limited purpose.

I'm not sure the translator approach could practically be taken as far
as using qgroundcontrol with paparazzi (for example).

Chris Gough
(also known as Rufus)