Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Lisa/M CheatSheet

From: Chris Gough
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Lisa/M CheatSheet
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 11:25:18 +1000

> Yeah, Aspirin is mounted on the "back" of Lisa/M. So it is up-side-down.
> I did not know that TWOG is referred to in an up-side orientation. :)

Sorry, I'm being thick today.

In the wiki the picture of Lisa/M showing the side with plugs is
labeled "top view", and the picture showing the side with Aspirin is
labelled "bottom view". To me this implies the Lisa/M should be
mounted with the plugs facing up, and the Aspirin underneath (I
suspect this is wrong though).

http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/LisaM

This is opposite of the Tiny/TWOG pages, where the side with plugs is
labelled "bottom view" e.g.

http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Tiny_v2.11#Features

It's kind of obvious from context that a Tiny is mounted with the GPS
antenna facing the sky, so calling the other side "bottom view"
doesn't make my head hurt.

> Maybe adding these annotations into the cheat sheet would help understanding
> it.
> I am not sure if adding another picture is the right way to do it because
> that requires
> additional space on the cheat sheet that is supposed to be small…

You're right, extra picture is overkill for a cheat sheet. Perhaps the
annotation "mount with Aspirin on top, servo plugs facing the back"
(or bottom/front, whatever is correct...)

Chris Gough