Re: [Paparazzi-devel] JSBSim Installation Questions

From: Luke Ionno
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] JSBSim Installation Questions
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 15:37:38 -0400

Hello,

So, I did a quick test this morning, and everything seems to be working well,
but I did have one question about how the JSBSim works with Paparazzi
simulator...  Just how extensively does Paparazzi tie into the flight modeling
of JSBSim?  For instance, I have a flight plan set up to perform an aileron
roll in AUTO2...  I know it works in real life, but (given an accurate aircraft
flight model) would JSBSim+Paparazzi be able to simulate that sort of maneuver?

Also, what data is the Paparazzi simulator feeding JSBSim?  I'm assuming data
is passed at the axis level (as listed in <commands> in the airframe file)?

Thanks again.

Regards,
~Luke