Re: [Paparazzi-devel] JSBSim Installation Questions

From: Luke Ionno
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] JSBSim Installation Questions
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 14:09:54 -0400

Thanks!

~Luke

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden
[mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of
Andreas Gaeb
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:43 AM
To: address@hidden

Hi Luke,

Am 26.07.2011 21:37, schrieb Luke Ionno:
> [... roll] I know it works
> in real life, but (given an accurate aircraft flight model) would
> JSBSim+Paparazzi be able to simulate that sort of maneuver?
I see no reason why it should not. However, the tricky part is usually
obtaining the accurate FDM.

> Also, what data is the Paparazzi simulator feeding JSBSim?  I'm
> assuming data is passed at the axis level (as listed in <commands> in
> the airframe file)?
This is correct. Have a look at the files sw/simulator/sim_ac_jsbsim.c
(simulation setup and initialization) and sw/simulator/sim_ac_fw.c,
functions copy_inputs_to_jsbsim() and copy_outputs_from_jsbsim().

Best regards,
        Andreas