[Paparazzi-devel] overo link

From: Gonçalo Bernardo
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] overo link
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 10:13:18 +0200

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to modularize the Overo link code for Lisa/L boards. This involves setting up the SPI communication on the STM32 side. I also want to use the DMA feature so that the processor is interrupted less often. The pseudo-code:

init() {
  // all the configurations to set up the peripherals
  DMA_ITConfig(DMA1_Channel2, DMA_IT_TC, ENABLE);
  LED_ON(2)
}

periodic_1Hz() {
  LED_TOGGLE(3)
}

dma1_c2_irq_handler() {
  LED_OFF(2)
}

When I power the board up led 2 and 3 work as expected. However when I send something from the Overo LED 3 stops blinking and LED 2 never goes off. My interpretation of this is that the irq_handler is not being put in the interrupt vector memory addr. Adding to this when I comment out the line that enables the interrupt and send something from the Overo, LED 3 continues blinking.

I am now wondering if modules can define irq_handlers. It is true that maybe I can live without the handler since the DMA blocks after writing the complete buffer and I can poll its state in an event function. Nevertheless I would like to know why the interrupt doesn't work.

Can anyone give a hint?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
gonçalo