Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ArduIMU

From: Reto Büttner
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ArduIMU
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 18:16:42 +0200

Hi Heinrich,

thank you for your explanation. I used arduino.pde and
ENABLE_AIR_START 0 for the first flights with my new Cougar. Paparazzi
worked perfectely, I was immediately able to fly in AUTO2. Very
enjoyable. Unfortunately my manual steering got a bit rusty as I flew
a lot more autonomously than manual during the last months. Therefore
I manually landed it a bit hard once. I put a picture of the Cougar on
the Wiki:

http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Gallery#User.27s_Aircraft_Gallery

It is not very convenient for me to calibrate the ArduIMU at power up.
Therefore I intend to use the groundstart pin 8 to calibrate before
launch. I intend to use a similar water level method as you describe
to get precise calibration.

@Gautier: A calibration of the ArduIMU triggered from the GCS instead
of power up or pin 8 would be very nice!

Cheers,
Reto