Re: [Paparazzi-devel] apt-get install can't find jsbsim

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] apt-get install can't find jsbsim
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 23:10:05 +0200

Hi Az,

>     I have been trying to install paparazzi in order run BOOZ2_A1
> simulation. As stated on the wiki, I tried installing JSBsim using
> apt-get install jsbsim
> But it seems there is no package called jsbsim in Ubuntu Maverick repo.

It is currently not available in maverick, but e.g. in natty.
When Gautier is back from vacation he will put the jsbsim package in
maverick as well...

> I found another thread about this,
> where can I find
> JSBsimhttp://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/paparazzi-devel/2011-07/msg00134.html
> but the it claims that Maverick does have it! I even checked in the online
> repo search of Ubuntu and couldn't locate any jsbsim package.

You won't find it with the online repo search of Ubuntu, because it is
not in the official ubuntu repos, but in the paparazzi ubuntu repo.

> Also, I download the current JSBsim version and tried to compile the
> simulator with it, but its broken.

There probably were API changes in JSBSim since the package was built
and the paparazzi sim is not compatible with these...
What errors did you get?

But meanwhile you can use the package from the paparazzi natty repo,
download it and install it.

Cheers, Felix