Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Flying wiht BMP085 pressure sensor

From: Bruzzlee
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Flying wiht BMP085 pressure sensor
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 01:42:32 +0200

Dear Heinrich

There was an other improvement we made:
At the beginning we took small air tubes made of rubber. (which were elastic)
Then we replaced them with small tubes made of Teflon.
Reason: Every vibration can easily disturb the air pressure in a soft tube.

I think a I2C-USB adapter will do the work:
For example: (The firs one I found)
http://www.robot-electronics.co.uk/acatalog/USB_I2C.html
http://www.robot-electronics.co.uk/htm/usb_i2c_tech.htm
I assume there isn't something in the paparazzi project at the moment that will send pressure data continuously from the ground station.
(Correct me if I'm wrong)
The GCS use the telemetry (e.g. Xbee) to send the instructions to the autopilot. There must be a way to use this connection to send the ground pressure data. Maybe a author of the GCS will give you more detailed information about this part of the project.

If you're interested: (more about airspeed than baro pressure measurement)
I've published the work on http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/User:Bruzzlee

Bruzzlee