[Paparazzi-devel] Chaos Communication Camp 2011

From: Martin Mueller
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Chaos Communication Camp 2011
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 21:48:25 +0200

Hi,

some Paparazzi people attended at the CCCamp 2011 [1] last week and enjoyed the company of about 3500 relaxed hackers on a retired Soviet military airfield north of Berlin. We found a convenient home in the Motodrone tent [2] and had a lot of fun with all sorts of flying objects. There was a first flight of a newly build Lisa-L/Silverlit quadcopter!

Motodrone did an UAV competition and the Paparazzi project won a prize: "Best progress/autonomous" for successfully bringing UAVs to real world applications. The first half of the prize was a free flight with a 44 year old Antonov AN-2 over the camp site. Felix and me took the ride...and enjoyed it [3].

The Motodrone project [4] originated from the 24C3 congress 2007 and held a conference/competition each year since then. There was some participation on the part with Paparazzi, talks and fixed wing plane flights (it was mainly quadcopter centered). Maybe we can join next years Motodrone event and have a Paparazzi meeting there. Discussions are ongoing but it could take place at another unused former Soviet airfield with lots of space.

The second half is a 100 Euros voucher. What should we do with it? First idea was to add the missing money to an autopilot and give it to someone who needs it to do some great. What do you think?

Martin

[1] http://events.ccc.de/camp/2011/
[2] http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki_images/Cccamp11.jpg
[3] http://vimeo.com/27782773