Re: [Paparazzi-devel] MAVLink / Ivy / ...

From: Oswald Berthold
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] MAVLink / Ivy / ...
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 10:33:55 +0200

hi,

i've been messing with this issue lately as well. we are using our
homebrew (mavlink-based) controller framework and in effect i wanted to
do, among other things, the reverse, that is, use the pprz plotter and
settings tools instead of qgroundcontrol (which is a cpu hog). this
works all quite well.

http://www2.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~oberthol/QK/img/

the main problem for a more comprehensive solution, but this applies to
working with mavlink alone as well, is that there is hardly a canonical
set of messages apart from IMU data, that suits all and everyone. in
that regard, if both systems used an identical message description XML,
that would make things easier.

much left on the system inter-operation side .. (UAVTalk?, OSC, ...)

bst, opt