Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ROTORCOPTER FOR 500g camera

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ROTORCOPTER FOR 500g camera
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 11:20:28 +0200

Dear Rui,

You can use almost any combination of rotors. In paparazzi you just fill in the "motor-control-matrix" to translate the pitch-roll-yaw to the correct motor [e.g. in quad: to roll left motor must increase and right decrease]. There are many examples and there is even a matlab script to allow you to place your motors almost randomly and just measure their location and turn direction. You can even mix in servo's with your motors for instance in tri-copter or quadshot.

The limits are: the I2C bus gets pretty filled at 8 rotors 512Hz commands... so for more than 8 rotors you might need 2 busses or control matrixes in your motors.

-Christophe