Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Different Paparazzi autopilot flavors opinion.

From: Hector Garcia de Marina
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Different Paparazzi autopilot flavors opinion.
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 21:04:05 +0200

Hello Chris,

In my opinion 18V input limit is ok (cheap and reliable components). I only work with higher voltages when the plane is really big (seeing the room available for the autopilot).
In this case, there is no problem to work with dedicated batteries for autopilot and servos as there is enough room and the consumption is relative low (small batteries), actually I prefer this configuration when I am dealing with high DC voltages.

What i came up with was a self constructed YAPA type autopilot which can take up to 40v dc
input, has a small dedicated 5-3.3 v regulator for the autopilot only,

mm this could be dangerous, a 35V drop consuming 100mA are 3.5Watts that the regulator has to dissipate.

Cheers.

--
Héctor