Re: [Paparazzi-devel] automatic cut off at landing

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] automatic cut off at landing
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 16:00:29 +0100

Hi Eric,

you can add <define name="FAILSAFE_GROUND_DETECT"/> to your firmware
section to enable this.

As the name suggests this enables ground detection in failsafe mode,
so the motors will switch off when you are in failsafe mode and the
ground has been detected.

This will also enable the ground detection to automatically switch off
the motors after a commanded landing if you use that in your flight
plan, e.g. rotorcraft_basic.xml

Ground detection currently is very very simple and might result in
switching off the motors too early:
If the acceleration on the (LTP) z-axis exceeds a threshold it is
assumed that you just bumped into the ground. (see
sw/airborne/firmwares/rotorcraft/autopilot.h line 114)
So if you have a lot of vibrations on your multicopter, it might think
you just touched the ground and
You can adjust the threshold by defining THRESHOLD_GROUND_DETECT,
otherwise the default of 15 m/s² is used ( .../autopilot.h line 112)

Cheers, Felix