[Paparazzi-devel] Reply to:"Joystick question #2 and probably solved (Fe

From: Chris Efstathiou
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Reply to:"Joystick question #2 and probably solved (Felix Ruess)"
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 09:07:53 +0200

Hi Felix.
I just made a small test flight using the joystick through the datalink.
It works EXCELLENT!
For those that use the 9Xtend modems use the Polling address@hidden
I suspect that it is possible even at 9600 bps.
They have zero latency and range beyond 30km.
The only problem is that is a little tricky to land the plane using the fpv method.
I am thinking if it is possible to use a rc receiver's channel as a signal that
controls if the rc transmitter is in control or the datalink (joystick).
Of course this requires some modification of the AP code so the joystick and the ppm input can be selected from a certain rc receiver channel
signal.
The rc tx and rx need only be the normal range type and not the long range type.
Another way is to have a rc receiver controlled multiplexer that either drives the servos from the autopilot or the rc receiver.
This way you can control the aircraft with a joystick as this is preffered when you launch the aircraft with hand,catapult or bungee and land with a parachute like i do or have a normal range rc control for take off and landing.
I will write instructions in the wiki i promise Felix.
Chris