[Paparazzi-devel] Disabling Magnetometer Heading?

From: Luke Ionno
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Disabling Magnetometer Heading?
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 01:03:14 -0500

Hello,

Question: How do you disable the magnetometer-based heading for a fixed-wing
airframe (reverting to the GPS-based heading), when using an
Aspirin/PPZUAV/Sparkfun 9-DOM sensor-stick, and the DCM filter?  Or is it
off by default, and on only when the USE_MAGNETOMETER define is included?

The reason I ask is that I've been bench-testing -without- the "define
USE_MAGNETOMETER", and while it seems to have an understanding of magnetic
heading (telemetry reports a heading, even before a GPS lock is obtained),
there's a lot of drift, and often ends up pointing 90-180+ deg. away from
the actual physical heading after a few minutes.

Thanks!

Regards,
~Luke