Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Problem executing firmware on YAPA after uploading

From: Jorn Anke
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Problem executing firmware on YAPA after uploading
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 00:46:54 +0100

If the GCS returns Failure("Error opening modem serial device : fd < 0 (/dev/ttyUSB0)") it means that your modem is not sending data ! are you sure that your modem is correctly wired and your code is correctly programmed ?

I am actually not sure of anything. The only thing I know is it appears to be working when uploading firmware, but not when executing the firmware on the ap a moment later. When it comes to the code, I do not think it is correctly programmed at this point. I did however non anticipate that a programming error would result in an error message related to the usb connection. But I may have been wrong about this?

Is your autopilot working as expected ? I think that in YAYA2 you should see the green led flashing in your board when the model is trying to talk ...

If I connect the usb cabe first, the ap remains black. If I connect the battery before the usb, there is a orange light which stays firm- and a red light which blinks.