Re: [Paparazzi-devel] FlightGear not working

From: Chris Gough
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] FlightGear not working
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 22:09:55 +1100

Hi Edi,

"fgfs  --fdm=null  --native-gui=socket,in,30,,5501,udp" works for me
(using FlightGear 2.4.0) but... only if I wait for the splash screen
to be replaced with a cockpit before starting the rest of my session.
If simsitl starts before FG is ready, FG gets a bit stuck and doesn't
finish loading (can be fixed by using the menu to reset the location,
which promptly get's changed again by the simulator).

It's convenient to start FG from a shell script somewhere in
$PAPARAZZI_HOME, because that way it can be added as a <program...>
entry in conf/control_panel.xml (i.e. FG becomes an option under the
"tools" menu in the Paparazzi Centre). This also makes it more
convenient to run FG as part of a saved session, but I still have to
manually restart simsitl when FG is ready, one extra click.

Chris Gough