Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Affecting LED3 in YAPA2

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Affecting LED3 in YAPA2
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 20:58:32 +0100

Hi,

since some telemetry is transmitted basically all the time, I don't
think it makes that much sense to set the LED depending on that....

IMHO it makes more sense to indicate if you receive some datalink
packets from the GCS.
You can easily write a module that reads datalink_time (seconds since
last datalink message was received) once every second and then
switches a LED on or off.

Also note that LED3 can be used as a normal gpio output (on the USB
connector) on tiny2/twog, but it seems that there is only one LED on
yapa which is connected to LED3.

If you want to use this one led on yapa to indicate RC signal, you can
use it like this:
<firmware name="foo">
    <subsystem name="radio_control" type="ppm">
      <configure name="RADIO_CONTROL_LED" value="3"/>
    </subsystem>
</firmware>

Cheers, Felix